Monday, August 1, 2011
The Tuneful Voice Of Taylor Swift
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/22/arts/music/taylor-swift-at-the-prudential-center-review.html
Vocabulary :
1. gesture (n.) : a movement that you make with your hands, your head or your face to show a particular meaning 示意动作
2. strutted (v.) : to walk proudly with your head up and chest out to show that you think you are important 趾高气扬地走
3. banister (n.) : the posts and rail at the side of a staircase (楼梯的)栏杆
4. rival (n.) : a person, company, or thing that competes with another in sport, business, etc. 竞争对手
5. sophisticated (adj.) : having a lot of experience of the world and knowing about fashion, culture and other things that people think are socially important 见多识广的
6. taut (adj.) : tightly controlled, with no unnecessary parts in it 结构严谨的
7. narrative (n.) : a description of events, especially in a novel (尤指小说中的)描述
8. collaborator (n.) : a person who works with another person to create or produce sth such as a book 合作者
9. self-esteem (n.) : a feeling of being happy with your own character and abilities 自尊(心)
10. stardom (n.) : the state of being famous as an actor, a singer, etc. 明星的地位 (或身份)
11. pyrotechnics (n.) : a clever and complicated display of skill, for example by a musician, writer or speaker (音乐家等)技巧的展示
12. defiant (adj.) : openly refusing to obey sb/sth, sometimes in an aggresive way 挑衅的
13. homage (n.) : something that is said or done to show respect for sb 表示敬意的举动
14. deliberate (adj.) : done on purpose rather than by accident 故意的
Comment :
I still remember, first I heard her voice when I was searching some video clip of a drama. I was attracted by her tuneful voice. Soft, beautiful and whisper like an angel. After that, I began to search for her song then becoming her fan. She always records the events which occurs in her life, through the lyrics, and share with us. This is the point that I really envy of. She sings her melodies to tell us all kinds of stories. Some are happy, some are furious, and some make her wound. I hope that she will continue singing her melodies. Maybe, always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment